Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)

От Luis Ochoa
Тема Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Well, I really don't have any objections about change library name, but in fact I wrote to my mentor informing about this change a few weeks ago.

I choose wxhotdraw because is a wxwidgets (wx) implementation of a hotdraw like framework (http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=157803), like jhotdraw for java or monohotdraw for mono (C#) or gohotdraw for go programming language and so.

Other reason is this library right now was created from a generic point of view and used for the database designer, and this means that can be a used for other projects that uses wxwidgets, and I probably continue their development after gsoc too, from a generic point of view not just for database designer but mantaining compatibility always, just like ogl but following the hotdraw like software patterns.

Now, I can change it name, just tell me, what to do, and I'll do it.

Regards, Luis

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 09:12 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 08:52 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> >> What's wxhotdraw, and what licence is it under?
> >>

> > It's Luis's work, part of this GSoC project. It's not an external one.
>
> Oh. In that case it shouldn't have a 'wx' prefix, if it's not part of wxWidgets.

Luis, any comments on that?

Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Database Designer (milestone 1 of GSoC 2011)