Re: VX_CONCURRENT flag on vxfs( 5.1 or later) for performance for postgresql?

От Hsien-Wen Chu
Тема Re: VX_CONCURRENT flag on vxfs( 5.1 or later) for performance for postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Mr. Greg Smith

since the block size is 8k for the default, and it consisted with many
tuple/line; as my understand, if any tuple/line is changed(maybe
update, insert, delete). the block will be marked as dirty block. and
then it will be flashed to disk by bgwriter.

so my question is if the data block(8k) is aligned with the file
system block?  if it is aligned with file system block, so what's the
potential issue make it is not safe for direct io. (please  assume
vxfs, vxvm and the disk sector is aligned ).please correct me if any
incorrect.

thank you very much
Tony