Port forwarding via iptables to postgres listening locally

От David Resnick
Тема Port forwarding via iptables to postgres listening locally
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a posgres instance configured to listen at the localhost default. I'm trying to enable port forwarding via iptables. I set up the following rule:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING --source 0/0 --destination 0/0 -p tcp --dport 5432 -j REDIRECT

and can see that it is redirecting packets received at port 5432. But I am unable to establish a remote connection to the postgres instance.

Actually my situation seems to be the same as in this [1] question ( Message-id: <AANLkTim7uAXOvwp=pjR6uEUcoN-8ttmgKw7mU0x4ofWY@mail.gmail.com> ).

Thanks in advance,
David

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-11/msg00783.php