Re: Major features for 9.1

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Major features for 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 19:10, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On fre, 2011-04-01 at 12:21 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Here's a list of the features which seem to me to be major enough to
>> be
>> headliners for 9.1.  Please mark which ones you think are major/not
>> major/not major and anything you think I've forgotten.
>
> I guess it's not really a big feature, but the functional dependency
> tracking feature that allows trimming down GROUP BY lists will
> significantly cut down on questions and "bug reports" from especially
> MySQL converts.

Are you sure? Many of the cases I've come across aren't covered by it,
because they're not actually functional dependencies... They're just
using the "give me whatever row you can think of feature" in mysql. So
while this certainly helps, I'm ont sure it will make a significant
cut in the number of questions...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/