Re: In a view, how do I cause fields with possible NULLs to be treated as a blank string in a replace operation?

От Asfand Qazi (Sanger Institute)
Тема Re: In a view, how do I cause fields with possible NULLs to be treated as a blank string in a replace operation?
Дата
Ответ на Re: In a view, how do I cause fields with possible NULLs to be treated as a blank string in a replace operation?  (Rick Genter <rick.genter@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Rick Genter <rick.genter@gmail.com> wrote:
> Either use '' as some_type, or use COALESCE(some_type, '').

Thank you both, that worked fine.

--
Regards,
     Asfand Qazi

От: "David Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: OFF-TOPIC Gist Index: Problem getting data in GiST Support Functions "penalty".