Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data

От Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca
Тема Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Дата
Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Well I finally figure it out thanks to you guys.

After checking the package contents I could notice that the Java test I can easily see it contents (traffic data and select statements). That wasn't true for the Python test, the content show as a bizarre sequence o characters.

So as you guys argued, it was indeed ssl encrypted. I checked the docs and learned how to disable it and I got the same results as the java driver.

221222KB (almost the same)

But here is the question, does the SSL compress the data too? I enabled the self-signed ssl mode for the java test, and It was indeed encrypted, but the traffic was still "big", differently to the python version.

Any Ideas?

(i'm doing this question on the psycopg2 mailist too)

Thank you guys again for the help.

2011/5/13 Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>
Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda@truviso.com> wrote:

>> D is just a DataRow message, you get one of those per row
>> returned.

> Right. If you're *not* getting those in Python, you're not getting
> the data, so something is seriously wrong there.

Perhaps python doesn't ship all the rows back on execute, but waits
for the rows to be requested?  If it isn't already doing it, try
changing the script to read all the rows in the result set.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Сообщение: Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data