Re: sync rep and smart shutdown

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: sync rep and smart shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 3:53 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There are a couple of plausible ways to proceed here:
>>
>>> 1. Do nothing.
>>
>>> 2. When a smart shutdown is initiated, shut off synchronous
>>> replication.
>>
>>> 3. Accept new replication connections even when the system is
>>> undergoing a smart shutdown.
>>
>> I agree that #3 is impractical and #2 is a bad idea, which seems to
>> leave us with #1 (unless anyone has a #4)?  This is probably just
>> something we should figure is going to be one of the rough edges
>> in the first release of sync rep.
>
> That's kind of where my mind was headed too, although I was (probably
> vainly) hoping for a better option.

Though I proposed #3, I can live with #1 for now. Even if smart shutdown
gets stuck, we can resolve that by requesting fast shutdown or emptying
synchronous_standby_names.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Don't make "replication" magical as a user name, only as a datab