Re: Uppercase SGML entity declarations

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM, Gabriele Bartolini
<gabriele.bartolini@2ndquadrant.it> wrote:
>  I have made very small modifications to a few files in the documentation
> directory, which involve SGML entity declarations. Currently they are all
> written lowercase, the patch makes them uppercase. This won't affect SGML
> parsing, as SGML is case insensitive - even though it is a good practice to
> write SGML declarations in uppercase.
>
>   An example is:
>
> <!entity abort              system "abort.sgml">
>
>   written
>
> <!ENTITY abort              SYSTEM "abort.sgml">
>

>   This patch makes also every single directive of them XML compliant.

Forgive me for asking what may seem like a stupid question, but what's
not XML compliant about them now, and why do we care?  The text is
only ever going to parse as SGML (not XML) so I guess I don't see why
it matters.  I don't really object to the proposed patch but I guess
I'm not sure what it accomplishes.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company