Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
>> Putting aside the fact that Damien pointed out that the PGXN website
>> is out of date (and therefore so is my information on the lack of a
>> cli), no, those are not the same. The code for both projects is there
>> in 9.1 and can be used for production applications. Those two features
>> are in no way vapourware, nor are they a WIP, at least as far as the
>> feature set for this release is concerned.
>>

> Dave,
>
> I don't understand your last sentence. Are you still thinking that PGXN
> client is vaporware or WIP ?

No - as I said, "putting aside the fact that Damien pointed out that
the PGXN website is out of date"

> Personnaly, I think PGXN will be available for production server after
> some beta tests. Just like SQL/MED and SE-postgres. I don't see why you
> are being so harsh on PGXN. Frankly i don't understand your point.

My point originally was that according to the PGXN website, the client
doesn't exist and therefore we shouldn't be publicising the feature
until it does.

You pointed out the the website was out of date, and the client does
exist. Therefore, I have no objection to mentioning the feature.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta
Сообщение: Re: Press coverage for 9.1 Beta