Re: Please test peer (socket ident) auth on *BSD

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Please test peer (socket ident) auth on *BSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> So what I'm now thinking is we should rip out the control-message
>> implementation altogether, and instead use LOCAL_PEERCRED.  This is
>> probably not something to back-patch, but it would make things a lot
>> cleaner going forward.
>
> Oh yes, no point in having complicated code that doesn't get exercised.

This does amount to desupporting old versions of those OSes in newer
versions of Postgres, at least for this one feature. Since you're
saying you don't want to backport it that doesn't seem like a big deal
to me. Probably something worth mentioning in release notes though.

--
greg