Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 3:17 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> In any case, I think the answer to this is constructive; better
> documentation and tools to let submitters get their code into good shape
> in the first place so that we don't have discussions about formatting.
> That way we waste *neither* the reviewers' nor the submitters' time.

Well, I'm all in favor of better documentation, but I think the
biggest thing we need to do is get the word out:

1. We realize we have been too trigger-happy sometimes.
2. But we really want you to participate.
3. And we are trying very hard to do better.
4. And please tell us if we screw up, so we can keep working on it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company