Re: getting to beta

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: getting to beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I'll take responsibility for collations.  If I get done with that
>>> before the 14th, I can see what's up with typed tables.  I'm not willing
>>> to do anything with SSI at this stage.
>>
>> I can look at the SSI patches, but not until next week, I'm afraid. Robert,
>> would you like to pick that up before then? Kevin & Dan have done all the
>> heavy lifting, but it's nevertheless pretty complicated code to review.
>
> I'll try, and see how far I get with it.  If you can pick up whatever
> I don't get to by early next week, that would be a big help.  I am
> going to be in Santa Clara next week for the MySQL conference (don't
> worry, I'll be talking about PostgreSQL!) and that's going to cut into
> my time quite a bit.

I think I've cleared out most of the small stuff.  The two SSI related
issues still on the open items list are:

* SSI: failure to clean up some SLRU-summarized locks
* SSI: three different HTABs contend for shared memory in a free-for-all

If you can pick those two up, that would be very helpful; I suspect
you can work your way through them faster and with fewer mistakes than
I would be able to manage.

The other two items are:

* Typed-tables patch broke pg_upgrade
* assorted collation issues

Tom said he'd take care of the collation issues.  Peter Eisentraut,
Noah Misch, and I have been exchanging emails on the typed tables
problems, of which there appear to be several, but it's not real clear
to me that we're converging on a comprehensive solution.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company