Re: Why are IDLE connections using cpu according to TOP.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Why are IDLE connections using cpu according to TOP.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:15 PM, bubba postgres <bubba.postgres@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an overloaded DB and I see several IDLE connections that are using
> significant CPU.. (Not Idle in transaction)
> Why would an idle process be eating so much cpu? Or is it not actually idle?

Because there's often a difference in time between when the process is
sampled for how hard it's working and the output that says what it's
doing.  I.e. it was working hard, then when we looked at the part that
says what it's doing, it's not idle.