Re: BUG #5903: Turkish encoding problem

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: BUG #5903: Turkish encoding problem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
2011/6/1 Devrim G=DCND=DCZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Wed, 2011-06-01 at 09:52 +0000, DMS Tech, Sarp wrote:
>> When we run an application on the same machine & OS, application's
>> lower and upper functions results are correct but PostgreSQL does not
>> behave similar.
>
> Upgrade to *nix. I have heard several similar complaints on Windows. All
> recent (7 years and up) glibc releases have proper tr_TR.UTF-8 support.

That's not really much of an answer, since the OP claimed that this
wasn't happening in other applications that use that locale on the
same machine.  It's possible that we're calling the wrong locale-aware
functions on Windows, or just different ones, but I wouldn't even know
where to start looking for that sort of problem.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company