Re: psql 9.1 alpha5: connection pointer is NULL

От Joseph Adams
Тема Re: psql 9.1 alpha5: connection pointer is NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/4/2 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:

> I'm getting the following message after upgrading to Alpha5 on my Fedora
> 14 box:
>
> $ psql -p 5433
> psql: connection pointer is NULL
>
> which comes from libpq. Server is running, and I can connect it to via
> 9.0's psql.
>
> This is a regular RPM build. Am I doing something wrong, or?

I couldn't reproduce this (using upstream source on Ubuntu).  However,
I did find a little bug in libpq causing the connection handle to
become NULL in the event of an option parsing error.  This bug has
been around since release 9.0.0, and may be unrelated to the problem.

Joey Adams

Вложения