Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: synchronous_commit and synchronous_replication Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
plans,not harder. It's worth making sure we pick names that still make sense when the new functionality goes in of
course.<p>Theother question is whether it's "fair" that one kind of patch goes in and not the other. Personally I feel
changesto GUCs are the kind of thing we most often want to do in alpha. Patches that change functionality require a
higherbarrier and need to be fixing user complaints or bugs. My perception was that Simon's patch was ggreenberg
latter.<divclass="gmail_quote">On Apr 5, 2011 12:52 PM, "Robert Haas" <<a
href="mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com">robertmhaas@gmail.com</a>>wrote:<br type="attribution" />> On Tue, Apr 5,
2011at 3:53 AM, Dimitri Fontaine <<a href="mailto:dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr">dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr</a>> wrote:<br
/>>> Robert Haas <<a href="mailto:robertmhaas@gmail.com">robertmhaas@gmail.com</a>> writes:<br
/>>>>>The attached patch merges synchronous_replication into synchronous_commit.<br />>>>
Committed<br/> >><br />>> Without discussion?  I would think that this patch is stepping on the<br
/>>>other one toes and that maybe would need to make a decision about sync<br />>> rep behavior before to
patch:9 people expressed an opinion; 6 were opposed.<br />> <br />> With respect to this patch, the basic design
wasdiscussed previously<br /> > and Simon, Fujii Masao, Greg Stark and myself all were basically in<br />> favor
ofsomething along these lines, and to the best of my<br />> recollection no one spoke against it.<br />> <br
/>>>Maybe it's just me, but I'm struggling to understand current community<br /> >> processes and
understandingof it, and for my trouble I got accused of being<br />> long-winded. Which is probably true, but makes
methink I should<br /> > probably keep this response short. I'm not unwilling to talk about<br />> it, though,
<ahref="http://www.enterprisedb.com">http://www.enterprisedb.com</a><br /> > The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company<br
/></div>