Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Дата
Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> A wild guess is something like multiple cores contending for cpu cache, cpu affinity, or some kind of contention in
thekernel, alas a little out of my depth.

> It's pretty sickening to think I can't get anything else out of more than 8 cores.

Have you tried running the memory stream benchmark Greg Smith had
posted here a while back?  It'll let you know if you're memory is
bottlenecking.  Right now my 48 core machines are the king of that
benchmark with something like 70+Gig a second.

От: david@lang.hm
Сообщение: Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Linux: more cores = less concurrency.