Re: pgindent weirdnessf

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgindent weirdnessf
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> You can contribute to the list by running a buildfarm animal on your machine
> and running its find_typedefs occasionally. This is not just about me. I
> have asked on numerous occasions for other people to contribute, and the
> response has been deafening silence. The  reason we got to this place is
> that people complained that your list was insufficiently complete, so I
> added a facility for buildfarm animals to generate their own lists, so we
> could get wider platform coverage. So my response to anyone who says "well,
> it works on my box" is "then why isn't your box doing it for the buildfarm?"

This is all well and good up to a point, but if Bruce's ancient BSDi
machine is the only one that can properly find these symbols, then we
are courting disaster by relying on it, even if he does run a
buildfarm animal there.  I can't help thinking there must be some
other explanation for this change.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company