Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!

От Mike Christensen
Тема Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Mike Christensen <mike@kitchenpc.com> writes:
>> Wouldn't it be faster/better/easier if Postgres just had its own built
>> in UUID generator?
>
> Why would it be?  If you think you can easily improve on uuid-ossp,
> you should go help them.

I have no knowledge on the subject one way or the other, that's why
I'm asking..  If the answer is "no, there would be no benefit" then
that's the answer..  However, it seems like generating UUIDs in Win64
has been broken, perhaps, forever which is why I question if there's a
better library to use on the Windows platform (or having a single UUID
generator built in for all platforms)..

I'd love to help out with Postgres (and several other open source
projects), perhaps some day though I'm more of a web/.NET guy..

Mike