Re: pg_dump --binary-upgrade vs. ALTER TYPE ... DROP ATTRIBUTE

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg_dump --binary-upgrade vs. ALTER TYPE ... DROP ATTRIBUTE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 01:10:19PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> It neglected to call CatalogUpdateIndexes(); attached new version fixes that.
> The failure was intermittent due to HOT; stubbing out HeapSatisfiesHOTUpdate()
> with "return false" made the failure appear every time.
>
> Thanks for the failure data.

Thanks for the patch!

I've now committed this part; the actual fix for pg_dump is still
outstanding.  I am not too in love with the syntax you've chosen here,
but since I don't have a better idea I'll wait and see if anyone else
wants to bikeshed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company