Re: Proposal - asynchronous functions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Proposal - asynchronous functions
Дата
Re: Proposal - asynchronous functions  (Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Sim Zacks <sim@compulab.co.il> wrote:
> Add an Async command for functions ( ASYNC my_func(var1,var2) ) and add an
> async optional keyword in trigger statements ( CREATE TRIGGER ... EXECUTE
> ASYNC trig_func() ). This should cause an internal session to be started
> that the function or trigger function will run in, disconnected from the
> session it started in.

We've talked about a number of features that could benefit from some
kind of "worker process" facility (e.g. logical replication, parallel
query).  So far no one has stepped forward to build such a facility,
and I think without that this can't even get off the ground.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company