Re: Discussion - Search Objects

От Jasmin Dizdarevic
Тема Re: Discussion - Search Objects
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Attached a patch for searching objects in a database. I've added most of the objects, except operator-objects. I don't think that we need them.
non-pgsql object types (edb, slony,..) has to be added by somebody else - i don't have those products installed or in use.

I've also changed two methods in frmMain:

1. The node path is trimmed now.
2. SetCurrentNode is now more intelligent. during recursion every node is partially checked against the given path. if the path is wrong the recursion stops and the next child will be checked.objects are now expanded automatically as requested by the given path.
3. GetNodePath is public now.

to search, right click on a database and select search object. clicking on a result will expand the given node. if the object type is not shown in tree (options) the result is grey and nothing happens when clicking on it.

i will also add ability to search for a user, group, role and tablespace, but first i'd like to know what you think.

you'll have to add the new files (frmSearchObject.h, frmSearchObject.cpp, frmSearchObject.xrc) to your solution, because I'm developing on VS 2010 and it doesn't make sense to send you the solution file. linux users will hopefully know, what they have to do ;-)

thanks
jasmin

2011/6/7 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 21:25 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 21:58 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> >> I know...these are the strings that has to be translated. As I know in
> >> pgAdmin there are language files, which are defined something like
> >> this:
> >> English - Foreign Language
> >> Server Groups - Servergruppen
> >> Help - Hilfe
> >>

> >> These mappings are used when the GUI is being rendered - based on the
> >> selected language.
> >> My question is: How to translate a string manually.
> >>

> > I'm not sure what you mean. If you want that a string is automatically
> > translated, use the _() function. As in _(wxT("Foreign Languages)).
>
> I think you mean _("Foreign Languages")

Ops, yeah, I was too quick. Thank you.

Вложения