Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 on Mac OSX 10.6

От Daniele Varrazzo
Тема Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 on Mac OSX 10.6
Дата
Список psycopg
On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Bill Carithers <wccarithers@lbl.gov> wrote:
> Hi Daniele,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried the two things you suggested. Results
> are:
>
> c4-2c-3-1-f0-3a:psycopg2-2.4.1 williamcarithers$ python setup.py install
> running install
> running build
> running build_py
> running build_ext
> pg_config is set to  /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin  <-- the print statement

the setup value should be the full path, not the containing directory,
something like

    /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_config

I guess.

> error: Permission denied <-- removing the try/except

Seems compatible with trying to execute a directory.

> So it looks like it is getting the correct pg_config from the setup.cfg
> file. Stupid question--it is looking for the executable pg_config in ./bin
> and not the pg_config.h in the ./include directory, right?

If you set a value into setup.cfg, it shouldn't be searching for
anything, but just use that value, and fail if it doesn't work as an
executable.

-- Daniele

В списке psycopg по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 on Mac OSX 10.6
Сообщение: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2 on Mac OSX 10.6