Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening

От Alexander Farber
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL 8.4.8 bringing my website down every evening
Список pgsql-general
Hell Marko and others,

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Maybe I should try session mode of pgbouncer
>> again, now that I've got rid of the persistent
>> PHP connections?
>
> You could, but try to turn off prepared
> statements in PDO first.

isn't having prepared statements good for overall performance?

I've decided to try another way first -

I've set "pgsql.allow_persistent = Off" in /etc/php.ini
and have changed pgbouncer back to session mode
(sorry, here's my config again - it unfortunately
was eaten by Gmail in the previous mail):

[databases]
pref = host=/tmp user=pref password=XXX dbname=pref

[pgbouncer]
logfile = /var/log/pgbouncer.log
pidfile = /var/run/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.pid
listen_port = 6432
unix_socket_dir = /tmp
auth_type = md5
auth_file = /var/lib/pgsql/data/global/pg_auth

pool_mode = session

server_check_delay = 10
max_client_conn = 200
default_pool_size = 20
log_connections = 0
log_disconnections = 0
log_pooler_errors = 1

I'll see, if my server survives the next few evenings.

I must add, that PostgreSQL doesn't make it easy
to use it - at least for me as an amateur user :-(

Wonder, if MySQL would put less hassle on me
(just want to run Drupal 7.2 + my custom PHP/Perl
scripts on what I think is a good enough hardware...)

Still I will try to stick with PostgreSQL,
I somehow have a good feeling using it :-)

Regards
Alex