Howto use "COPY FROM" with the native API?

От Clemens Eisserer
Тема Howto use "COPY FROM" with the native API?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

We are working on an university project for network traffic accounting.
We use ulogd-2 to log netfilter packets, however it creates for each
packet a seperate transaction and also doesn't use prepared
statements, which results in horrible performance.

What we are looking for is a low-overhead way of inserting many rows
(100-1000) into a table at once in one transaction.
Is "COPY FROM STDIN"  a good idea in this case?

If so, are there some examples how to use "COPY FROM STDIN" with the
native C API?
I found some documentation, however as I am no C native some sample
code would really help.

Thank you in advance, Clemens