Re: small bug in recoveryStopsHere()

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: small bug in recoveryStopsHere()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I discovered while fooling around the other night that the named
> restore point patch introduced a small bug into recoveryStopsHere():
> the test at the top of the function now lets through two
> resource-manager IDs rather than one, but the remainder of the
> function tests only the record_info flag and not the
> resource-manager-id.  So the test for record_info == XLOG_XACT_COMMIT,
> for example, will also return true for an XLOG_CHECKPOINT_SHUTDOWN
> record, but the decoded commit time will be some random garbage rather
> than a commit time, because the format of the record is totally
> different.

i guess, that's why i originally used a more complicated aproach (now
i can breath again, i didn't fully reminded why i use that)
"""
!     couldStop = true;     if (record->xl_rmid != RM_XACT_ID)
!         couldStop = false;
!     /*
!      * Or when we found a named restore point
!      */     record_info = record->xl_info & ~XLR_INFO_MASK;
+     if ((record->xl_rmid == RM_XLOG_ID) && (record_info == XLOG_RESTORE_POINT))
+         couldStop = true;
+
+     if (!couldStop)
+         return false;
"""

but i agree that your solution is more readible, i don't see any
problems from here

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL

Сообщение: Re: Foreign table permissions and cloning
Сообщение: Re: Foreign table permissions and cloning