Re: Memory leak ?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Memory leak ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
2011/4/6 Pierre Le Mouëllic <pierre.lemouellic@xgs-france.com>:

> In eclipse Helios profiler, Jdbc3ResultSet live instances increase (and
> never decrease). Same thing with
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl$ErrorTrackingResultHandler and
> org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl$1 classes.

When profiling, has a full GC & weak reference collection happened
before you count "live instance"?
Probably those "live" instances are only weakly reachable and will be
cleaned up later.
(The driver uses weak references + a reference queue that is polled
before each query execution to clean up server-side allocated
resources corresponding to JDBC statements / resultsets that were not
properly closed, just discarded)

If that's not the problem, I'd need to know the path from a GC root to
the live instances.

Oliver