RE: typo

От Ahmed, Nawaz
Тема RE: typo
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
I think "table rows themselves" makes sense. I came up with another alternative as below, as long as it does not change
themessage, the sentence is trying to convey.

"TOAST table, which is used for out-of-line storage of field values that are too large to keep [or, be kept] within the
originaltable."

Best Regards,

Nawaz Ahmed
Software Development Engineer

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd
14 Rodborough Road, Frenchs Forest NSW 2086, Australia
T +61 2 9452 9027
Nawaz@fast.au.fujitsu.com
fastware.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Rijkers [mailto:er@xs4all.nl]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 November 2018 1:35 AM
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>; Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com>; Magnus Hagander
<magnus@hagander.net>;Ahmed, Nawaz <Nawaz@fast.au.fujitsu.com>; pgsql-docs@lists.postgresql.org

Subject: Re: typo

On 2018-11-26 15:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>
>>> Yeah, I just found this on the committers list and I disagree with
>>> the change as well.
>
>> [... checking around ...]
>> Hm.  I have read the sentence and the surroundings a couple of times
>> before doing anything, and using an adverb looked clearer than the
>> adjective.  Is an adjective more appropriate than an adverb here
>> because it insists more on the fact that each row is involved?  Just
>> trying to grab the difference.
>
> I think that text is mine originally, and it was not a typo.  The
> meaning of "table rows proper", in this case, is basically "table rows
> themelves".

Maybe that is not a bad alternative
    "table rows themselves"

Even if that sounds slightly less idiomatic than the original, I think it'd be less of a stumbling block for non-native
readers.

Disclaimer

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may contain content that is subject to copyright and/or is
commercial-in-confidenceand is intended only for the use of the above named addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient,you are hereby notified that dissemination, copying or use of the information is strictly prohibited. If you
havereceived this e-mail in error, please telephone Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd on + 61 2 9452 9000
orby reply e-mail to the sender and delete the document and all copies thereof.

Whereas Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd would not knowingly transmit a virus within an email
communication,it is the receiver’s responsibility to scan all communication and any files attached for computer viruses
andother defects. Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty Ltd does not accept liability for any loss or damage
(whetherdirect, indirect, consequential or economic) however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may
resultdirectly or indirectly from this communication or any files attached.

If you do not wish to receive commercial and/or marketing email messages from Fujitsu Australia Software Technology Pty
Ltd,please email unsubscribe@fast.au.fujitsu.com