Re: Exposing an installation's default value of unix_socket_directory

От A.M.
Тема Re: Exposing an installation's default value of unix_socket_directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Oct 21, 2010, at 4:19 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> 2010/10/21 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>>> Excerpts from Cédric Villemain's message of jue oct 21 16:01:30 -0300 2010:

>>> Yeah -- how is pg_config to know?  All it can tell you is what was the
>>> compiled-in default.
>>
>> That's what I wanted, actually.  If you've set a non-default value in
>> postgresql.conf, SHOW will tell you about that, but it fails to expose
>> the default value.
>>
>>> Maybe you should go the SHOW route.  The user could connect via TCP and
>>> find out the socket directory that way.
>>
>> Yeah, the SHOW case is not useless by any means.
>
> I think adding this to pg_config is sensible.  Sure, the user could
> have moved the socket directory.  But it's a place to start looking.
> So why not?

Because pg_config is supposed to return the current state of a cluster?
Because it might indicate a connection to the wrong server?

Cheers,

Сообщение: Re: Per-column collation, work in progress
Сообщение: Re: Per-column collation, work in progress