Re: PSQL suggested enhancement

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: PSQL suggested enhancement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 20, 2005, at 14:50 , Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:

> PSQL has the option to output the result of queries in several
> different formats, including HTML.  Suggestion:  have an option to
> output query results in XML format.  Suggested format:

My personal opinion on this is that there are a lot of different
ideas about how the XML should/could be written, and a the current
output can be piped to a script in <insert favorite scripting
language here> to format to match anyone's wish. Rather than have
psql decree the one and true format or include so many as to make
maintainability burdensome, further formatting is best left to the
end user.

My 2 yen.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com