Re: Order by and timestamp

От Björn Lundin
Тема Re: Order by and timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Ooh - terrible sorry.
The output from first post describing the database schema
Was actually from my production machine - a raspberry pi.
The pi hold a db on an usb-disk, which is pg_dump()ed every night and imported to ibm2 history db (the bad one)
The schema is identical to the one with trouble - which is a history database
Intended for testing

To be clear the RPI version of the database sorts correctly?

Yes, but as I replied to Tom, it only contains a days worth of data, then pg_dump()ed and truncated.
Tas data is imported to
* the faulty one (ibm2/debian/9.4)
* the correct one (tp/ubuntu/pg 10.6)

I did not realize that would matter when posting - did the post away from home,

Yes, it would be have been nice to know at the outset there where multiple instances involved.

Hmm did not realize that. It’s hard to know when to leave out ’insignificant details’ and when not to.
(Ie when the details turn out to be significant)
I saw a machine - with its current data - sort in a for me strange way.
Then it struck me that I have another (semi-retired) machine with basically the same data,
Enetered the same way, with the same import files, that works

So in a sense many instances, but not really.
I mean, the pg_dump does copy-commands.
I could have inserted that by hand.

--
Björn Lundin