Re: Copying data files to new hardware?

От Brian Hirt
Тема Re: Copying data files to new hardware?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, we've used Slony for migrating 8.2 -> 8.3 -> 8.4 and plan an using it to migrate to 9.0 in the near future.  You
shouldbe able to skip releases as well like you say 8.2 -> 8.4.

You'll probably want to test out both slony and 8.4 on your development machines first and make sure everything works
okay.  It takes a little bit to get familiar with slony, it's not a simple program that you install and click a button
toset up replication and have everything happen for you.  We spent a fair amount of time writing scripts to work with
slonyto help support our processes.