Re: Row visibility issue with consecutive triggers, one being DEFERRED

От Marc Mamin
Тема Re: Row visibility issue with consecutive triggers, one being DEFERRED
Дата
Список pgsql-general

yeah,
adding a modify check fix it:
UPDATE foo SET (id,v) = (NEW.id,NEW.v) WHERE id=NEW.id
AND (id,v) IS DISTINCT FROM (NEW.id,NEW.v);
RETURN NEW;

I was trying to build a self containing case to track an issue with complex cross table validations,
but at the end it appeared, that the trigger were correct and raised an exception due to a missing WHERE Clause within
anUPDATE statement.

I just didn't didn't trust my own triggers :)

sorry for the noise.

Marc Mamin