Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sep 15, 2023, at 23:59, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> movie @? '$ ?($.year >= 2023)'
>
> I believe it is indeed not possible to have such a unequality-search use the GIN index.  It is another weakness of
JSONthat can be unexpected to those not in the fullness of Knowledge of the manual. Yes, this too would be good to
explainin the doc where JSON indexes are explained.

Is that a limitation of GIN indexes in general? Or could there be opclass improvements in the future that would enable
suchcomparisons?

Thanks,

David

Вложения

От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions