Re: Bug in CREATE VIEW grammar

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: Bug in CREATE VIEW grammar
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
--On Donnerstag, September 30, 2004 16:32:48 -0700 Stephan Szabo
<sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Bernd Helmle wrote:
>
>> While having trouble extending the CREATE VIEW grammar i discovered this:
>>
>> bommel@[local]:yomama #= CREATE VIEW vtest as SELECT * from abteilung
>> WITH; CREATE VIEW
>
> I'm not sure what in particular you're getting at. Although technically
> WITH is a reserved word and as such shouldn't be usable as a correlation
> name for abteilung, we generally try to limit those restrictions whenever
> possible.

Hmm, okay, it wasn't clear to me that WITH is an allowed table alias name.
Looking in the unreserved keyword map in gram.y i see WITH there.
My current work is to extend the CREATE VIEW statement with the WITH [
CASCADE | LOCAL ] CHECK OPTION, so i wondered first, why WITH is not a
reserved word.

 Thanks for your reply.

--
 Bernd