Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org

От decibel
Тема Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Jul 9, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Brendan Jurd wrote:
> We don't AFAIK collect data about these events.  However, we could
> have certain actions trigger the creation of an automated comment
> (e.g., "Status changed to Committed by petere") and let the
> aforementioned comment view suffice for a "history".

Our main system at work does that; any kind of status is stored as a
raw, text "note". It sucks. It makes trying to query for specific
kinds of events difficult, and it wastes a bunch of space.

It's a lot better to record machine-readable information for machine-
created events. If you want to present it all as one, I suggest a
union view that turns the machine-understood data into a human-
understandable text format.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: