Re: UPDATE Syntax Check

От David Johnston
Тема Re: UPDATE Syntax Check
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 12, 2012, at 18:50, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> UPDATE waterchem
>> SET waterchem.easting = s.easting
>>     waterchem.northing = s.northing
>> FROM sites AS s
>> WHERE waterchem.site = s.name;
>
> Thomas,
>
>  For the record, running this pushed me to the correct syntax:
>
>  UPDATE waterchem
>    SET easting = s.easting
>        northing = s.northing
>  FROM sites AS s
>  WHERE waterchem.site = s.name;
>
>  The target does not want the table name repeated; postgres looks for a
> column named 'waterchem.easting'.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

You are right regarding the table name in the set portion, it has to be the specified table.  However, you can alias
thetable so that instead of waterchem.site you could do something like wc.site
And, to be thorough, you need to put commas between each field you want to update.

easting = s.easting, northing = s.northing