Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!

От Diehl, Jeffrey
Тема Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!
Дата
Re: Out of free buffers... HELP!  ("Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
I recently lost a hard drive and had to re-install, so the PG version I am
using is only about 3 weeks old.  However, as I said in my original post, I
have A LOT of data in this database.  Brick* implies 1334 tables, some of
which have 2.5M records...  All told, I have about 355G of data.  I don't
care if it takes DAYS to run queries like this, but I need them to finish.

Ok, you may be thinking that I am nuts to try to store this much data and to
break it up into so many tables.  Well, I used to have it all in one
table....  It took several days to vacuum it, and because inserts are
happening all the time, I was unable to have the tables indexed and still be
able to keep up with the incoming data.  This new structure addresses these
and other issues.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Mike Diehl,
Network Monitoring Tool Devl.