Re: How to fix lost synchronization with server

От Andrus
Тема Re: How to fix lost synchronization with server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>> pg_dump: Error message from server: lost synchronization with server: got
>> message type "d", length 5858454
>I think this is probably an out-of-memory situation inside pg_dump, ie
>libpq failing to make its input buffer large enough for the incoming row.
>It's hard to believe that there's not 6MB available on any modern machine,
>so I'm thinking this is an OS-level restriction on how much memory we can
>get.  On a Unix machine I'd recommend looking at the ulimit settings
>pg_dump is being run under.  Dunno the equivalent for Windows.

Backup computer has modern Windows client OS.
It has GBs of memory and swap file possibility.

Based on my knowledge there is no memory settings in windows which can
restrict 6MB allocation.
On memory shortage Windows shows message like "Increasing swap file size".
Customer did'nt report such message.

Dump worked for years without issues when server was 32 bit Windows 2003
server and Postgres and pg_dump were earlier version 9 (but after upgrade
new rows are added to attachme table).

How to create backup copies or diagnose the issue ?
I can change pg_dump execution parameters.
I can install VC++ Express and compile something to add  diagnozing if this
can help.
Maybe this message can improved to include more details about the reason.

Andrus.