Re: Mapping Java BigDecimal

От Donald Fraser
Тема Re: Mapping Java BigDecimal
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ok I finally see what you are getting at.
However I personally think that PostgreSQL is more correct.

In Oracle (excuse the format if this type-cast is not valid in Oracle - I've
never used Oracle)
SELECT '3'::number(6,2)
3

In PostgreSQL
SELECT '3'::numeric(6,2);
3.00

In Java
test = new BigDecimal("3").setScale(2);
System.out.println(test.toPlainString());
3.00

If you have set a scale in PostgreSQL you will always get that number of
decimal points and therefore your result from the database will always be
consistent and therefore predictable.
I would not want a database that returned data in any other way, just my
opinion of course.

Donald