The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.4, which is not compatible with this version 7.3.3.

От Philip Riggs
Тема The data directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.4, which is not compatible with this version 7.3.3.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have installed the PostgreSQL-7.4beta5 version (the only package I
could get to install from source under Mac OS X Panther) and everything
worked find. However, when I start postmaster and try to create
database "test" I got this error.

createdb: could not connect to database template1: FATAL:  The data
directory was initialized by PostgreSQL version 7.4, which is not
compatible with this version 7.3.3.

I am assuming this means template1 was created by version 7.3.3, my
previous version. Is this assumption correct? How can I fix this
problem?

Thanks for any help.
Philip D Riggs