Upgrade function problem - c language

От Cath Lawrence
Тема Upgrade function problem - c language
Дата
Re: Upgrade function problem - c language  (Andrew McMillan <andrew@catalyst.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-novice
On 21/11/2003, at 7:43 AM, Bryan Encina wrote:

<excerpt>Upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.4 (been waiting on this for a while
thanks for all

the hard work guys) and am having problems restoring from a pg_dumpall.

</excerpt>

I have a different problem, but the same situation - the same upgrade
7.1.3 to 7.4, by a clean fresh install on a new computer (which made
it the obvious moment to do it).   No problems with restoring some
simple databases, no functions.

But the dump of the DB with functions won't restore:

$pg_restore -O -d cbisdb SampleTableChange.tar

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:
permission denied for language c

"language c"? never saw that before.

"permissions"? - I have checked the permissions in
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/ libraries, all are readable & executable by me,
and yet this does seem to be relevant, because if I try it as user
postgres, I get a different error:

pg_restore -O -d cbisdb SampleTableChange.tar

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
"plpgsql_call_handler" already exists with same argument types

Can anyone give me some clues here?

thanks very much

Cath

Cath dot Lawrence at anu dot edu dot au

Senior Scientific Programmer, Centre for BioInformation Science,
Australian National University</fontfamily>