Re: backup script

От Vo, Catherine CTR DTIC Z
Тема Re: backup script
Дата
Re: backup script  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-general
We are using Sun Solaris 64bits version 10.
postgresql-9.1.3-S10.sparc-6

I downloaded the script from some of the website and try to test out but
didn't work at all.  Don't know how to create a backup user (I know the
syntax but where should I create it?)  Normall, we goes to sqlplus / as
sysdba on oracle and mysql -u root -p on mysql, but where should I
create it on postgres?

Also, when I start the postgres, I saw 5 processes running... this is
odd isn't it?  Beside that, don't see port running on /tmp directory.

Thanks,

Bach-Nga Catherine Vo
703-767-7009
mailto: bvo.ctr@dtic.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond O'Donnell [mailto:rod@iol.ie]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 12:35 PM
To: Vo, Catherine CTR DTIC Z
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] backup script

On 11/05/2012 16:23, Vo, Catherine CTR DTIC Z wrote:
> GM,
>
> First where can I post my question on the forum?  Couldn't find the
> forum for discussion.

Hi there,

Not sure what forum you mean.... you're writing to the pgsql-general
mailing list, so you're already in the right place.

> Second, I'm new with postgres. Try to evaluate this new db software
> before the company can switch all oracle and mysql to postgres.  I
> don't understand the concept how to create backup user, tablespace,
etc....

Welcome!

Some of this happens in the database, some in the operating system. If
you give details of your platform - hardware and software - people will
be able to help you.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland