Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all

От Misty Peters (MistyLynn)
Тема Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all
Дата
Ответ на Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all  (Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Can you stop sending me message idk why I need my email back thanks

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 26, 2022, at 7:11 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 2022年10月27日(木) 11:00 David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 6:33 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The descriptive designation "the role that owns the SQL part of the implementation of PostgreSQL" is too much of a
mouthfulfor daily use.

>> Don't think it's documented but I like "bootstrap user" which I've seen bandied about here a bit.
>
> "bootstrap superuser" is also mentioned a few times in the docs, see e.g.:
>
>    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-grant.html
>
> This recent commit: e530be2c5ce77475d56ccf8f4e0c4872b666ad5f [1] might
> also be of interest
> to anyone considering the "special-ness" of this role.
>
> [1] https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=e530be2c5ce77475d56ccf8f4e0c4872b666ad5f
> Regards
>
> Ian Barwick

Сообщение: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all