Re: wrong protocol sequence?

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: wrong protocol sequence?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 22, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Андрей wrote:

>     I'm sending such messages to server in native postgresql
> protocol: 'Parse' -> 'Describe' -> 'Sync' (get: 'Parse Complete'
> and 'Ready For Query' messages back).
>     But when the sequence became: 'Parse' -> 'Sync'  (get: 'Parse
> Complete' and 'Ready For Query' messages back), little pause,
> 'Describe' -> 'Sync' - server is crashing (error = memory can't be
> 'read')!
>
>     My query is as simple as possible 'select * from table_name'.
> What am I doing wrong?

I think I recall having some problems around this also. But I don't
think there is any reason to need Parse -> Sync anyway. If you just
want to prepare, use Parse -> Describe -> Sync. For executing, Parse
(if not already parsed) -> Bind -> Describe -> Execute -> Sync.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL