Re: 8.3beta bug or feature?

От Erik Jones
Тема Re: 8.3beta bug or feature?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 10, 2008, at 10:47 AM, marcelo Cortez wrote:

> folks
>
>  the follow queries work in postgres 8.2 but
>  in  8.3beta don't work
>

> SELECT c.* FROM c WHERE  c.numero LIKE '1%';
>
> i think automatic conversion of  numeber to text is
> the problem , in 8.3beta don't work
> numero field is  integer type
> any ideas?

Read the release notes :)  Implicit casts from non-text types to text
have been removed.  The easiest solution is to use an explicit cast:

SELECT c.* FROM c WHERE c.numero::text LIKE '1%';

I can definitely see this being an 8.3 faq.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik@myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888