Re: stale WAL files?

От Gmail
Тема Re: stale WAL files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry folks, I’m still home nursing a nasty chest cold and my only tool today is an iPad.
I have failed to get the postgresql.conf into the copy buffer so that, along with the results of pg_settings, will have to wait for another day.

Today there are “only” 135 Mar 16 WAL files.  I haven’t sorted out which have been cleaned up but can do so if that’s thought to be helpful.

There is still 2.2G in the pg_wal directory but that disc has ~360G left. (I believe the burst of WAL files was the result of a novice using LIMIT with a to-Json function and the target table has >100M rows.)

Given that current WALs come and go regularly, I think the CHECKPOINT is running frequently enough (for normal loads at least).