Re: Sequential Scans

От Efraín Déctor
Тема Re: Sequential Scans
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you.

-----Mensaje original-----
From: Scott Marlowe
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 1:33 PM
To: Efraín Déctor
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Sequential Scans

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Efraín Déctor
<efraindector@motumweb.com> wrote:
> Hello.  What is the difference between Sequential Scans and Sequential
> Tuples Read?.

A sequential scan is what happens when the table is read sequentially.
One sequential scan can result in MANY tuples being read
sequentially.  I.e. a table with 1M rows being sequentially scanned
from end to end will result in 1M sequential tuples being read.