Re: BUG #17641: postgresql service persistently restarts because "could not open shared memory segment"

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #17641: postgresql service persistently restarts because "could not open shared memory segment"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On October 16, 2022 2:05:59 PM PDT, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 4:31 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 8:52 AM PG Bug reporting form
>> <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> > 2022-10-15 20:00:37.973 CEST [19124] LOG:  Datenbanksystem ist bereit, um
>> > Verbindungen anzunehmen
>> > 2022-10-15 20:00:44.113 CEST [23816] FATAL:  konnte Shared-Memory-Segment
>> > »Global/PostgreSQL.1886284784« nicht öffnen: No such file or directory
>> > 2022-10-15 20:00:44.113 CEST [23816] FATAL:  can't attach the same segment
>> > more than once
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Do you have any extensions installed, and can you share any
>> non-default settings from postgresql.conf or similar?
>
>Off-list reply was that this happened straight away with the
>EnterpriseDB installer without changing any settings, using
>PGDATA=C:\ProgramData\PostgreSQL\data.  I can't immediately guess how
>that first error is caused, but it's also interesting that we
>apparently screwed up our internal state afterwards because the second
>implies that we tried to attach to something we already knew we were
>attached to.  But we haven't had any reports like this from our
>Windows-based developers who've been testing the 15 branch for a
>while, and we don't see this on the buildfarm or CI, so I think the
>first port of call here will be to ping the EDB package team and see
>if they can reproduce or understand this?  CCing Sandeep for info.

I wonder if there's antivirus active, and if so, which one?

I suspect the problem with the two FATALs might be due to falling in the middle of attaching to a segment, and then
tryingto attach again during the proc exit processing.

Andres