Re: Intemittendly get "server process (PID 5884) exited with exit code 3"

От Wetzel, Juergen (Juergen)
Тема Re: Intemittendly get "server process (PID 5884) exited with exit code 3"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

many thanks for your answer. This is a good hint. Will check this.

Regards
Jürgen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Gesendet: Montag, 25. April 2016 17:09
An: Wetzel, Juergen (Juergen)
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Betreff: Re: [GENERAL] Intemittendly get "server process (PID 5884) exited with exit code 3"

"Wetzel, Juergen (Juergen)" <wetzel@avaya.com> writes:
> I'm working with postgres version 9.3.10 on Windows. From time to time a postgres process terminates with following
messages:

> LOG:  server process (PID 5884) exited with exit code 3

As far as I can recall at the moment, no Postgres child process would ever choose to exit with exit code 3; we use 0,
1,and 2, but not 3.  I am thinking that maybe you've got some custom code in plperl or plpython or some such that does
anexit(3).

> This ends up in an endless loop of these messages. Only possibility to recover is to restart postgres service.

Or maybe the exit(3) is in an extension that is preloaded into all processes via shared_preload_libraries or similar?